Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Black Lives Matter Street Mural in North Minneapolis!

I had the privilege and honor to lead a group of local artists to paint the letters to "Black Lives Matter" on Plymouth Ave between Newton and Penn Avenues in north Minneapolis this past weekend!

It was a blazing' hot day with temps in the 100's but we made it happen in just 6 hours!

My letter is the "S" and I dedicated it to "Super Women of Social Justice"! I had assistance from Akshara Kulkarni and a group of Franklin students I invited to help me on this project knowing I would be getting pulled away all afternoon for being the lead artist.

This project was facilitated and funded by the Minnesota African American Heritage Museum Gallery located where the mural was created- in the heart of the historic Black neighborhood of north Minneapolis.








No comments:

Post a Comment