Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Northside Poster Illustration

Here are snapshots of my process from sketch to final while painting the illustration for the Northside relief poster. Information on how you can order a poster when you contribute to the fund and how you can bid on the original will be announced soon! Your donation will go towards tornado relief efforts as well as arts programming in North Minneapolis. 

I painted this illustration on wood panel with a half-inch profile. After using a wood burning tool to trace my sketch, I painted with ink, gouache, and acrylic. I then added texture and layer of color by marking with color pencil in areas. The original painting is 24"x18". The last photo is of the final illustration.













2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, I like it a lot, I would love to buy a poster and help out the north side?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! Stay tuned. I will be letting everyone know when it becomes available to order! Thanks in advance for your support!

      Delete